Why the title? Uncle Clint and Aunt Lindsay came to town! Before the last bell rang for the school year at Valley High in West Des Moines, Clinton had tests checked and was out the door, ready to make the cross country car trek to DC and just in time to catch the last game of the Cards series at National Park! Woowoo!
Following an evening at the ballpark, the fast times* included a trip to the zoo, a midnight tour of the National monuments, an equally late night hang at a 24 hour bookstore/bar/cafe/
restaurant, some homemade Spanish tapas, snow cones and lots of Metro-ing.
The girls were really big fans of having Clindsay here. And so were we. Getting to share life here with folks back home is...nice. I know, English teachers everywhere are saying, You can't think of a better adjective? But seriously, not only do we get to enjoy their company and hang out together, but we get to feel closer to home. And I'm definitely not the only one who feels that way - before they had even left the block, Olaiya forlornly said, "I miss them." Me too, sis.
To add to the excitement of the weekend, Sunday Daddy came home from the bike store with some wheels for Olaiya! Bike riding has since been an at least twice daily event. We're working on upgrading Naomi from her featured mode of transportation - we'll keep you posted.
Our new post-dinner norm.
(Soraya, aka very well liked neighbor girl from across the street, is one of a cast of "characters" Naomi insists she is on any given day.)
*More than one photo to come at a blog post near you, album style.
6 comments:
aDORable! I love Olaiya's proud smile at the camera.
Love the pic and video as well as your description of all the events. You crack me up! We miss you guys!
Karen
I'm so glad you had a fun weekend!! Sounds like you gave them a great tour:) You guys all look so great--we miss you:(
Can I just say how much I love your girls (well, actually your whole family)?! Absolutely love the giggles and smiles. Not to mention the parentals running to keep up with the girls. I know you miss home, but we love having you here!
What a great video! The real question I have is who was Clint talking to on his phone?
To a dad watching the Cards at home in Farmburg, for whom we were hoping to create the vicarious at-the-far-far-away ballpark-with-his-kiddos experience.
Post a Comment