Tara, why aren't you blogging more?
Anyway.
I wanted to check in because at this point I think you were given more regular photos of Olaiya as a baby at this age and back then I didn't have a blog or Facebook.
So here's the girl, Matilda Dean, at 5.5 months.
But hey, wasn't she using the matching car seat just at Christmas? Like in this photo here?
And now, a coordinating video of waking Matilda! (Yeah, I'm probably going to do that a lot. Any action verb as a gerund preceding her name. It's just too tempting. Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda...) Who records the waking of a baby? Haven't you heard that you never wake a sleeping baby? Her nap needed to be over. It's okay.
I do know that I have two other, older, growing and thriving children. I'll be sure to give them some play soon...promise.
Waking Matilda from Tara Lewis on Vimeo.
Can you stand the baby eye rubs?! I can't get enough of them. They just seem like such a coordinated, adult maneuver for a baby to execute. I love them. And my absolute favorite, which I'm kicking myself for not knowing if I ever captured infant Matilda doing it, the make-your-body-in-the-shape-of-a-C, wake up stretch? With the fists out, the neck back and the back arched? When I picked her up from sleeping as a newborn, my hands under her arms, her head would nearly touch her heels. And I've found that I do it too! Just a much less flexible and endearing, standing, adult version.I do know that I have two other, older, growing and thriving children. I'll be sure to give them some play soon...promise.
3 comments:
like button. no LOVE button. And she DOES have serious eye rubbing skillz. For real! :)
Douglas...Douglas... Next time, maybe we can show you how to make a wet computer out of Strong Bad's computer and this two-liter bottle of Mountain Dew.
Isn't that mama cute too?!? She's back to blogging! I'm so glad my girls have her DNA too. Whenever anyone sees the family, they always say she looks like me and I'm forced to point out that I have a fat face; all babies look like me.
I love it! Love the video sis. Miss you tons. Can't wait to squeeze that baby in person!
Post a Comment