Okay, so the inspection did not go as awesome as it could have yesterday. We're meeting with our incredibly knowledgeable inspector guy again today to go over everything and basically get the bottom line with this house. From what I can tell you (I wasn't present for the whole scene yesterday), super solid structure, but some plumbing issues that pose some unknowns. So please pray that it's very clear to us during/after this meeting what we should do: take some (hopefully) fat cash to do some fixable things, or take a pass and dive into CraigsList.
p.s. (I know, this is a blog not a letter but...) We did *not* have to move across state lines Friday, just 11 floors down. Yay for elevator moving! This apartment has almost exactly the same layout, so upon arrival from upstairs, Olaiya promptly went into her "new" room and put her shoes under the shelf in her closet, exactly where they'd been 10 minutes before, 11 floors up. Nice to not have to think about where things go :)
9 years ago
4 comments:
yahoo! GREAT NEWS!
I so enjoy reading this blog and can't wait to find a time to come out and see you. Check your facebook message for more details.
Bummer about the inspection, but I'm glad your recent move was just a glorified elevator ride. We'll be waiting to hear the news as it unfolds!
good luck with the house stuff.
kp
Post a Comment