A little too concerned about having my ducks out in a row, the incompletion of my Shutterfly album kept me from blogging since last post. I'm still working out the whole blogging in "real" time scene. Anyway, the pics are up and there are couple things you should know:
1. From these pictures it may seem that my children only own 2 sets of clothing. Here's why. Round 2 of MOLBN had mommy a bit anxious with thoughts of "they're wearing green, Brett Favre jerseys, yellow barrettes, white socks, and brown hoodies. Yes, both of them." being said to airport policeman and everyone else in the world. Has Papi's glass-half-empty, "realist" point of view penetrated the always sunshine-and-roses Mama? Yow. The other revolving coordinated outfits were courtesy of Grandma, and a *huge* hit.
2. Most of our time was spent on the Gentry place, but I/we did make it up to Iowa City a couple times. Upon pulling into the parking lot at CoralRidge, Olaiya said, "Mama! I'm so glad we're at the mall in Iowa!" Back in the day we spent a lot of time there, the girls and I. Visits to the "play place", countless trips to Target (our first she's-in-underwear-and-we're-potty-training destination), many meals at Arby's (formerly the only "meat" Olaiya would consume), and even 8 hours of please-can-I-go-into-labor shopping and walking before Naomi was born. Yes, it is our mall. And can I tell you how rare and wonderful this mall truly is? Never did I fully understand and appreciate the beauty of having a Target attached to a place that contains both Old Navy and the GAP...and an indoor play area? It was awesome! One stop! And the parking is free. And plentiful! Anyway, entirely unnecessary information, but something I wanted to put out there.
Enjoy the photos and hopefully I'll be back soon!
9 years ago
3 comments:
LOVE the pictures!! You got great action shots of the kids. It looks like they had a terrific time with their cousins and friends. The pictures of the mall made me sad, though, as it holds so many memories:) I, too, am finding that no mall is quite as good as Coral Ridge!
i'm completely devastated by the recent news of our terrific mall losing GapKids/babyGap, my standby, go-to store for the kids. It's being replaced by bananaRepublic. Can you imagine such horror?? :-)
Judging by Vicki's news, perhaps the store is closing due to the exodus of Baby Gap shoppers from Iowa City last summer! :)
At least you still live in a town that HAS an Old Navy! Our go-to stores in Ames are JC Penney and Target!! And they are certainly not connected in the same mall.
Post a Comment