9 years ago
January 25, 2008
Silently Orbiting...
The other day I went from the kitchen (main level) downstairs to hang out with my friends (i.e. read their blogs). The girls remained on the main level - Naomi sitting on the bottom step of the (up)stairs, Olaiya playing about. All was quiet and I sensed was still Naomi contentedly chilling on the stairs. Sweet, cuz "mama's watchin' her stories" (as we refer to my time on the Internets). Then Olaiya does her obligatory shout "Mom, I'm going to the bathroom!" and I reply from down below, "Okay! Go ahead!" Moments later I hear in rapid gotta-tell-mama-what-sister-did cadence, "Mom! Naomi's got papers all over the stairs and I can't get through!" Okay, obviously I should have checked in on the quietly contented Naomi. I had conveniently assumed she was doing her biz'nas...she prefers being alone and immobile during that time. Instead I find a step half way up littered with little white, yummy smelling papers and a pink, empty pack of Orbit gum. "Naomi! Did you eat all of this gum?!" "Yesth." I count the wrappers - there are nine of them. Now slightly more alarmed, "Naomi, did you put the gum in the trash or is it in your tummy?" "Tu-mmy." I do a quick receptacle check, and indeed, there are no partially chewed pieces of gum to be found. Mmm, bubblelicious. I told myself I should check the Internets for some info about consuming and swallowing large quantities of gum, but in the end I was less shocked than amused and decided she'd probably be okay. I mean we're a week or so and at least half a dozen dirty diapers later, so we're good...right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's hillarious!
I hate to rain on the parade - but... there are documented cases of gum staying in guts for long periods of time and causing problems later in life. I would at least do a "guess what my kid did" phone call to the doc just to make sure. You are probably right - you're probably good esp if things are "moving through." But better safe than sorry...
Post a Comment