So after a couple two, three years of me being all like,
"I'm not quite ready for another baby."
And Kurt being all like, "I'm good and I'll go get the procedure so that we don't have another baby."
And me countering, "I may not be ready right now for another baby, but baby, we're in our 20s and at some point I may be ready to have another baby."
We're going to have another baby.
It's for real folks, I'm knocked up.
We just got visual confirmation on Tuesday. No, this is not Tara-is-so-far-along-she's-all-poppin'-out visual confirmation. No no.
Tuesday we had our first appointment. Heretofore, all we had was pee-on-a-stick confirmation and several weeks of sour stomach, acid-y throat and napping-at-all-available-times Tara. So we were eager to find out if it's all for real.
I could not pee in the cup.
I made the rookie mistake of peeing sometime in the two hours prior to my appointment and not chugging glasses of liquid afterward.
But our new-to-us doc apparently thought me trustworthy, checked me out and quickly broke in to listen for the heartbeat. And got nothin'.
She was super encouraging, "The baby's hiding. Nothing to worry about. We'll get into the next room and do an ultrasound as soon as it's available."
So Kurt and I had a few minutes to ourselves. Kurt put on a brave face and attempted to squelch the worries trying to take over his brain. I had different feelings.
I haven't even peed in a cup yet. They have no confirmation that I'm pregnant. What if I'm not pregnant? What if all this acid-in-my-throat and tiredness and feeling bad, what if it's all in my head? I feel like a fraud!
Interrupting our respective head spaces, the doctor asked if I was shy - I was all gown and sheet draped - and I gave us to go ahead to slip into the hall and over to the next room.
She turned down the lights and the next thing I know, there's a baby on the screen. A baby with actual limbs. Continuously rolling, arms and legs all over the place, head and body with a flickering heart, baby. Umbilical cord and all. It was unbelievable. With eyes smiling and mouths agape, we were amazed. We've never had an ultrasound that early - 9-10 weeks! - before. What a privilege to get to see our happily moving about, seemingly wholly formed, itty bitty baby.
So then when it was all said and done, I was all, Nice work, baby! Moving around so much she couldn't hear you and then we got to see you? Solid, solid scheming! Just like we planned, baby.
Total confidence.
We don't have an exact date yet, but we're likely due early September. That's right, we are capable of procreating other than over Fourth of July weekend. Yep, O and N will remain birthday sharers and well, Little Baby Lewis will have its own day in the sun. The hot, end of summer, September sun.
I'll talk about my pregnant-lady-swim-apparel debate another time.
9 years ago
10 comments:
Go Lewis family!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :)
yay! to you both! SO SO thrilled for you! :) also, pregnant swimwear is the ONLY time I have ever felt cute in a swimsuit, and didn't mind people looking. can't wait to follow along from afar!
Love that the proverbial cat is out of the bag so that we can all do the happy dance together for you!!!
Love,
D & K
congratulations tara and kurt! and i completely agree with vicki on the maternity swimwear -- that's exactly how i felt! have fun being pg with two big sisters to be so excited with you.
Yeeeehaw!!!! I'm so pumped!!!
Congrats sis. Perhaps Baby Lewis can be birthday pals with Cousin Simon.
What a fun surprise! Congrats to you all!!
woo hoo! :)
You saw your child!! That is amazing! The love for the little one just poured off the page of your blog. Got way choked up over here in Iowa.
I. KNOW. your only problem in maternity swimwear will be *picking out* the suit. YOU. WILL. rock said suit. or 5.
I'm with vicki and melanie... preggers is the only way I know how to rock a suit. I know that's not the case for you, but if you rock a suit *single* you can hammer it pregnant.
Congrats! Welcome to the family of 5 club!
Post a Comment