We're having another baby.
The newest addition to what we can only imagine will be a continuation of our line of littlegirlslewis is slated to arrive May 8, 2012. Which puts this mama right at 18 weeks.
Eighteen weeks?! Whoa, didn't you tell us all last round that you were knocked up like, 9 weeks before now?
Yeeeah. It goes like this. When you're pregnant with your third and it's been a nice healthy break since your last two, it's cute! Everyone's excited! Congratulations!!! is the unabashed, immediate and joyful response. When it's your fourth and you already have a baby, folks are like, (begin uncertain, high pitched voice): Sooooooo, was this planned? Um, that's great! I mean, right??
And then there's the whole grappling with the actuality that is having children closer together than you had planned. Don't get me wrong here: babies = blessing. Babies = awesome. It was just that when I found out about Baby Numero Cuatro, I had just laid down a baby. In her crib. Because that's where she sleeps. 'Cause she's a baby. And all of this occurred on the night of her first birthday, because though the papa had long suspected it and this mama was deep into denying it, I just needed to get my baby through her first birthday. Lay her sweet head down in her crib, turn on my heels and then pee on a stick. And feel dumbfounded. And go to my husband, who after already having reeled with the reality for several weeks while I was all "We don't even know! Don't worry about it!" had the most amazing smile on his face and said it's going to be great. We'll have two sets. The big kids and the little kids. It's all going to work out. And if my husband, the perpetual "realist" sees God's hand holding this, then how can I not?
Matilda, you're going to be a big sister!
Here's to babies twenty months apart! Woohoo!
Got questions? Been dying to cyber-space-publicly inquire how-on-earth we're doing? Sweet caring souls and can't-look-away-trainwreck observers, here's the skinny on me getting less skinny.
Unlike the 14-16 weeks of absolute worthlessness I felt when carrying Matilda Dean, I've been feeling pretty normal! Only a couple weeks early on in September had me feeling wiped out and napping while the big girls were at school and baby girl slept. Otherwise, these days have me on a fairly strict regimen of falling asleep on the futon promptly at 9pm, Kurt waking me a bit later, ushering me to bed and sleeping until M gets me up at 6:45a.
Are we going to find out who were having? Dude, we had such a good time not finding out with Matilda, I'm pretty sure we won't find out this round either!
Are you guys trying for a boy, you know, going for that Lewis family heir? Nope. Not our style. We fully anticipate my womb to carry on its Xerox like capabilities. And if it doesn't? Yep, this mama's world is going to get rocked.
Um, don't you guys live in a two bedroom, one bath, 900 square foot row house? Yes we do. We may or may not for much longer. We will keep you posted with what's in store!
11 comments:
Having 4 is a blessing and a challenge- I have 3 within 22 months of each other- it'll be great! Congrats!
I know EXACTLY how you feel! Babies = BLessings, but #4 gets lots of weird looks. So glad you summed it up for me. I'm going to blog about the same things soon, when I find time!
You should definitely just plan on joining me at five, because I am getting some amazing responses of positive feedback. Is it a deal? Odd #'s are good in design... Must be good for kids, too. Logical, no?
I am so stoked!
I've never read a better post in my life, mama. In fact, I read it twice. With joy. Because I can't wait. And I totally could hear my own high pitched voice on the phone over my lunch break..."Wooowwww!! Um, did..you guys plan this?" Hahahaha! Here's to saying the wrong thing! Nothing but love for you sister!!! Mwah!
So excited for you!! Welcome to crew of four; Now, you just need a dog. :)
Congratulations!
SO excited for you, Lewis family! Going from 3 to 4 has been our easiest transition yet...here's hoping that your experience is similar to ours in that regard! Much love from NE!
Congrats! The two oldest do look like they are growing up! Your baby will be blessed to have such great sisters. Wishing you well.
Congrats. Better start working on your girl names so this baby gets a name in 2012! Best wishes.
Congratulations! It's so much fun to read your journey and reaction. Yep, you got it right. God will lead and it will be an amazing journey! Can't wait to hear the next steps. Have a great Christmas.
So fun I posted twice, now three times....
I'm so excited for you!! My first two are 20 mos apart, 2nd and 3rd are 22 and then fourth is 2 1/2 years after the 3rd. And really, I love it. People can say the doofy-est things, though! Love all of you!
Post a Comment