August 23, 2007

Housing woes...

I'm an optimist. I think things will work out - no worries, Romans 8:28. In my idealized world, despite the ticking clock, I thought we would find a house, even if at the last minute, we could pay the absurd nightly rate to stay here while we closed, and then our relocation services would move all of our stored belongings to our house. Well, it's 2 weeks from when we get the boot from temp housing and we still haven't found a place to call home, and yes, this girl is sad. So now we have to look at renting. I don't have a problem with renting. We did it for six years in Iowa City. I have a problem with not knowing where we're going to be and having to move 3 times in 3 months. Anyway, a lot of this is Tara whining about being inconvenienced and riding the emotional roller coaster that is relocating our family of four and house hunting in a huge new place. So I want to ask you to pray that God will drop the house He has for us into our laps this week, and this will all be done! But probably what I need you to pray is that my heart come around to whatever it is that He has in store for us, house or no house.

3 comments:

Danielsons in Roch. said...

I love seeing your fam on the web!! We miss you too!! Know that we will be praying with an extra measure of faithfulness for the perfect place for us to visit when we come to DC to see you! Not sure when that visit will be, but we do want to come, so you need a place to host us!!! :) Kiss the girls from me, and give that handsome husband a hug too!

Karen

Heather said...

I'll be praying with you, Tara (and Kurt). I was wondering how the house hunt was going and afraid it wasn't yielding much since there haven't been any mentions of it in your posts. Your girls look beautiful, by the way!

Kate D said...

you got it, girl. lots of prayers coming your way.