There are the obvious perks, like only ever having to look for dresses when perusing the racks at Target or shamelessly getting to own all the Polly Pocket sized Disney Princesses. But what has really been the twinkle in my eye is seeing them be sisters. Now maybe this is because I myself am sister-less. Or even more likely, I have a case of motherly pride. Either way, I am thankful that my "plan" of Olaiya being a big sister to a little brother - just like mama was of course - was not the plan. Here are a couple snapshots from days of late:
Another morning, Naomi wanted to trike it to the corner for carpool pickup, but typically needs help getting the rusty wheels to go 'round. Mama normally takes the wheel, but Olaiya jumped right in.
And finally, dinner for two:
9 comments:
Yeah, first comment. As I keep preaching, it pays to sit and refresh blogs 6-10 hours per day.
The Olaiyia diaper changing thing was pretty funny. I wonder if you ever did that for me?
By the way, sorry that I ruined your chance to be a big sis'...I sense the regret that you're harboring. Catch you on Skype sometime.
Just realized that being a big sis' does not hinge upon the sex of the smaller sibling...so...uh...sorry for not being a lil' sis.
Clinton James!
The take-home was *supposed* to be that I thought being big sis to a little bro was so awesome, I thought everyone should do it. Olaiya and Naomi do well together, but I'd NEVER trade being *your* big sister. I love you brother!
So sweet! Your girls get more beautiful each time I see their pictures. You make me excited to have two of the same sex.
Seems like they just get funner and funner. I revel in the fact that I knew Olaiya when she is what Naomi is now. Amazing the journey they take while we get to watch. =) Thank you for keeping us all up to date! it is so much to "check on the girls." =)
You shush... you shush...
I was thinking she was going to say that she learned it from pre-school!! Not the fridge letters!!
I also love watching my girls "be sisters" although I also have a little brother (who sounds a bit like your little brother).
I love it. It is priceless to see the sisterly love! You forgot how great the hand me downs are!
Love the diaper changing thing - I gotta teach that to my girls!!
Post a Comment