So I know I knocked it before, but the folks at Tiny Dancers really know how to put on a dance recital. Here's why:
1) It was less than 45 minutes. For those of you who ever participated in a studio recital, with everyone from the itty bitty dancers to the college set performing, 2-3 hours is much more par. This was an Old Town Alexandria studio only performance, so there were only eight little classes of dancers.
2) All the dancers wore pink leotards and pink tights with a colored tutu specific to their class/song - easy for the parents and beautiful for little girls.
3) There was a theme! I love themes. Dancing Princesses - how do you go wrong with that?
4) Olaiya's class had the best song. Hands down. Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo is way more upbeat and fun than say, Colors of the Wind, or Part of Your World, or Someday My Prince Will Come.
5) Each girl got to have their own curtain call, complete with curtsy (if they remembered) and a rose. Not something that had to be done, but is a very sweet touch!
I really enjoyed being the parent volunteer for our little class of three - applying last minute lip glass, re-tying tutus, and taking the girls to the little windows that peered into the gym so they could see the stage they would be performing on and the crowd they would be performing for (a little shell shock preventative measure). But getting to take pictures of Olaiya against the school hallway wall in her purple tutu really made this mama nostalgically giddy*.
1) It was less than 45 minutes. For those of you who ever participated in a studio recital, with everyone from the itty bitty dancers to the college set performing, 2-3 hours is much more par. This was an Old Town Alexandria studio only performance, so there were only eight little classes of dancers.
2) All the dancers wore pink leotards and pink tights with a colored tutu specific to their class/song - easy for the parents and beautiful for little girls.
3) There was a theme! I love themes. Dancing Princesses - how do you go wrong with that?
4) Olaiya's class had the best song. Hands down. Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo is way more upbeat and fun than say, Colors of the Wind, or Part of Your World, or Someday My Prince Will Come.
5) Each girl got to have their own curtain call, complete with curtsy (if they remembered) and a rose. Not something that had to be done, but is a very sweet touch!
I really enjoyed being the parent volunteer for our little class of three - applying last minute lip glass, re-tying tutus, and taking the girls to the little windows that peered into the gym so they could see the stage they would be performing on and the crowd they would be performing for (a little shell shock preventative measure). But getting to take pictures of Olaiya against the school hallway wall in her purple tutu really made this mama nostalgically giddy*.
6 comments:
Adorable! Thank you for posting a video of the dance! I love it. Give the girls hugs from Judah and I.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pics and especially one of Olaiya's momma from 1983!!! WOW!! Too fun!
too cool. no really! too cool! tell Olaiya I thought she was magnificent.
I agree with your assessment of the outfits. Very nice. Especially when juxtaposed with the 1983 version. Yowza.
Very proud uncle here in Iowa.
Oh what fun to be a girl!
I like your picture too, I have one of those, but mine is black and white!
Post a Comment