



- Go to IKEA for last minute nesting needs. The baby now has a changing pad on mama's dresser ('Cause yeah, we're sharing a room for now. Not my style, but what our space calls for this round.)
- Take in a baseball game two days post due. The Cards are here for one series a season and this year, it was this weekend. We counted up today that the girls have been to four games at Nats Stadium in our three years here. I'm hoping it sticks as one of those "we always..." traditions in their little memories.
- Acknowledge the end of an era. They will always be sisters and two years apart - this will never change. Watching the girls ride their bikes until dusk together on our street this evening seemed entirely quintessential.
- Get a summer head cold. The stuffy head and phlegm-y throat have pushed me to have my first thoughts of "Okay, I could be done now," however I am still okay with rockin' this one out a little longer.
- Continue figuring out the name for the person about to arrive. Yeah, we still haven't 100% concluded what this child will be called. It's down to a short list of three or so per gender. Seriously, did we have this much trouble with the other two?
- Make contingency plans for every possible going-into-labor scenario. Okay, really I do not have a "If labor begins on this day, but at this time, we'll do X. If labor starts on this day at this time, we'll do Y," playbook. Flying by the seat of our pants? Maybe. But we have a wealth of friends - fabulous family neighbors, dear friends from church and lovely folks from school that are at the ready. For however this goes down. In two days O starts 1st grade. At this point I'm hoping to make it until that morning. I've got pictures to take, man! Yeah, it's a bit of a different animal not having parents a couple hours away. But it will all be okay.
Don't worry - we'll keep you posted.

I asked Kurt if he'd attempt to take a couple flattering 40+ week photos this evening.

He made me stand sideways so you could get the full effect.

6 comments:
you're the cutest pregnant chick ever. can't wait to hear (read) your news.
That IKEA photo is a-maz-ing. You do realize that you are a knock-out, don't you??!!
Kurt did good with the photos...or maybe it was his subject...either way you look darling and can't wait to read about how it all goes down :)
There has never been a hotter pregnant lady than you, lady. ;) Love you. Can't wait to meet the new person!!!!!
woo hoo for fun preggo activities! i esp loved your watching the girls bike til dusk thoughts... so sweet. I can't imagine all the excitement/craziness of adding kiddo #3 to the mix! at least s/he will have two great big sisters. Love to your fam - we are thinking about you all and praying for great delivery.
You look great, and keep your chin up! Also, I LOVE that skirt you're wearing. I'm guessing you do too, as it's probably the last comfy, cute thing you have. :) Where's it from?
Post a Comment