However, unlike the births of our bigger girls Lewis, we have bigger girls. Who go to school. In Virginia. Whose grandparents live not in Virginia. And things require a bit more finagling and generosity on the part of many, many people. September 1, which was the only available day on the hospital schedule for an induction inside of 10 days overdue (Labor Day ironically was not helping my situation), also happened to be O's first day of school. So mama was home to take the RequiredChildhoodPhoto and we all hopped in the swagger wagon to go to school. From the time O headed into her classroom, to when Kurt and I came home from the hospital, the girls had had
- a Naomi play date with a sweet school family
- from school pick up, dinner, a family-of-six-plus-our-girls outing to the School Blessing, sleepover, breakfast and ride to school by a dear church/school family
- a Naomi ride from O's school back to our 'hood by our faithful school carpool mama
- an all day play date with our lovely neighbors-down-the-street family
- another all day play date with another always generous neighborhood/church family
- a night in their own beds with yet another kindhearted neighborhood mama sleeping over
- and a Saturday morning breakfast and play day with the same mama's family, who also made a huge banner and walked them back to the house to welcome us home.
So for now, I'll leave it at that. I could launch into the over half dozen meals that have been brought to our door or the stretch of hours our newest member is sleeping at a time, but as I recount the events that surrounded and enabled our hospital stay...they stand alone.
Growing out bangs, missing teeth, glasses, short little white against tan skin, I'm-a-school-girl socks...she's big.
(I know, so did Kindergarten, but what are you going to do?)
For our peeps not on Facebook, here's a link that reportedly works to see what I've uploaded photo album there!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=502815&id=577555093&l=0562335e14
4 comments:
You are loved!
*Amazing* photos. My fave of this group is O looking down at her 1st grade flower.
Yay! I'm so glad you are so blessed! We also discovered how much more help was needed once there were other kids at home and mom and dad needed to go to the hospital ... thankfully we were also very blessed. I'm so excited to watch all of your girls grow! (The one, tiny, insignificant regret of having a boy after two girls was not being able to continue saying, "the girls and I" for everything! And of course, I wouldn't trade Daniel for the world)
So sweet. "Family" away from family is a necessity in child-rearing. What a huge blessing. My eyes were brimming reading the post. And by the way, you looked SO cute being that pregnant!
So, I'm a little slow... Just realized that your blog's name still fits! 3 Little Girls Lewis to blog about now.
Post a Comment