Anna's scan is in two days. She goes in tomorrow to get injected with the mIBG isotope. They want it to be in her for 24 hours so it can localize to the neuroblastoma sites. Hopefully, there won't be any. I was talking with Lisa about that this weekend. I'm fairly certain that if the cancer is gone, they will look at the scans and assume a bad read. Then she will be put through various other scans to validate the first... You know, I'd be OK with that!
We are very nervous about this scan. This weighs on us as the most important scan she has had to date. So much rides on the direction her cancer is taking. There are four possible outcomes of this test. Her cancer will either: be gone, be reduced, be the same, or be worse. Of course, we are hoping and praying for the first, followed by the second, then the third. That will at least provide some more hope.
Hoping in God,
NLAZ
No comments:
Post a Comment