This is Naomi. On Tuesday I gave her some leaves, a sheet of paper, some glue and some scissors. Very quickly (seemingly, mama was chatting on the phone - that could have been my first problem) she unloaded the bottle of glue and affixed the leaves to the paper. Hmm, what to do with these scissors? I think this:
My first clue that something had happened was, "Mom! Pffffth." It took me a minute for my brain to reconcile the brown stuff that was falling out of her mouth and scattered on the table. It was hair. A large chunk of the front of her hair.
I laughed. And grabbed the camera.
Kurt on the other hand, was sad. Much sadder than he would have anticipated. He still is.
The first few days I attempted a comb over, fastened with a barrette. But I realized the futility, and rite-of-passage cuteness, of the situation and now we're just putting the inch long bangs out there. In all of their mullet-ness. Or Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber-ness.
I think it's growing on me.
Hopefully.
I laughed. And grabbed the camera.
Kurt on the other hand, was sad. Much sadder than he would have anticipated. He still is.
The first few days I attempted a comb over, fastened with a barrette. But I realized the futility, and rite-of-passage cuteness, of the situation and now we're just putting the inch long bangs out there. In all of their mullet-ness. Or Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber-ness.
I think it's growing on me.
Hopefully.
6 comments:
Aww, cute kid. They let 'em vote pretty young down there, huh?
HA HA HA!!!! This is incredibly adorable, and what's more awesome is your attitude towards the whole thing. You are one amazing mama! This will be something that makes the high school year book someday. Oh, and in honor of Dumb and Dumber, teach her to say, "Our pets HEADS are falling off!" She could not be more adorable! Tell Kurt I'm sorry he's sad. I don't mean to make light of his sorrow at all. This all means she's incredibly creative!
Hey, I just have to say that I am totally down with the pixie bangs. She looks like she should live in New York -- wearing a great skirt and striped tights with patent red mary janes or a great suede boot.
I'm sorry I was part of the cause... I did really enjoy our conversation, though!!
Kurt may not agree, but this is awesomely funny! It reminds me of when my sister did the same thing as well as the pictures and stories from when I did it myself...ahhh...good times. The only difference is that both my sister and I did this the day before pictures were scheduled! I love that you are so low key about it too. And I love that Kurt is not! Who knew that dads would be so attached?
What is it about Daddys and their little girls' hair? I'm glad she at least cut something that will grow back! ;)
I'm with Anna. Naomi's got such a pretty face she can totally pull it off - she may even get picked up by a stray agent when you're out and about one day. =) Also I think it is *totally* sweet that Kurt is mourning. As it should be.... Daddy's little girls, right? =)
Post a Comment