Since our return home, Naomi has been a hard core puzzler. Couldn't hurt that she got four different rompecabezas (literally "break heads" - don't you love foreign language?) for Christmas. For the past couple weeks she has been doing her favorite, a girly, beflowered puzzle graced with the likenesses of three certain commercial royalty, at least twice a day. The runner up is a wooden, multi-level (bones, organs, muscles, skin, clothes) girl body puzzle whose anatomy, according to Kurt, is a little too accurate.
Probably because little sister always wants to do what big sister is doing, I don't recall Naomi doing very many baby, put-the-shape-in-the-space, puzzles. Maybe she did. I don't know! It all runs together. Either way, Naomi's affinity for and tenacity with her piece-y puzzles is curious to me. The way she chooses which piece to place next, why she does the same one repeatedly, how sometimes she's off by herself and other times wants help. Or maybe what I'm really trying to say, mama has the reassuring thought, I haven't ruined her with television! Look right there, she's focusing!
On Disney Princesses.
What?
9 years ago
6 comments:
You should give her a Sudoku and see how she does with it.
Do they make one of those where it's actual pieces and there is only one puzzle to solve? I would totally buy that for her.
I'm impressed!
So cute! Neither of my girls are into puzzles right now. Although Meg can't keep away from the "big girl" ones I've tried to give Kate so we haven't tried lately! But both girls spent hours (or at least half hours) doing the ones with shapes that fit into the wooden spots.
Smart babies...that's what you have. Smart mama too. Love you all!
That picture of Naomi, Zach, and Steve is great! I think I can almost see the force (brain power) emanating from the Jedi master to his young padawans.
Post a Comment