Since our January return from the Midwest, something has happened. A steady stream of friends has poured into our little DC row house. And I'm not talking about folks dropping by from the neighborhood. I'm talking our best man. My maid (um, does she have to be called a matron when she's married with children?) of honor. Back-to-back-to-back-to-back Iowa Staters.
Seriously, I couldn't be happier. I'm realizing God placed our family in a city where people visit.
The guest line up -
- January 19-20: Inauguration - Kurt's best man, Nate, with wife Violi and son Elliot, here from a very Republican San Antonio.
- January 18-22: Inauguration - Libby: Iowa Stater, 2nd floor Willow resident to RA Tara, good friend to both Kurt and Tara, Obama campaigner.
- January 29-February 1: Tara's 30th birthday present from Kurt - Anna Pearl, also about to turn 30 and 7 months pregnant (with # FOUR!), in from Iowa.
- February 16-18: President's Day - Jen: Iowa Stater and hot New Yorker, coming to hang with the Tara (what, doesn't your husband have the day off and volunteering to watch the children? Did I mention I have an amazing husband?).
- Mid March: conference and Spring Break (well, not for us, but for some friends of ours) - elementary TAG buddy and Senior Prom date, Jason and his wife Natalie, here from IC.
- First of April: conference - Terri Ann, good friend, Iowa Stater, doctor-in-residence in New Jersey.
Libby and Tara before heading downtown.
Waiting in line with Violi to get their tickets to the swearing in, Capitol behind us.
The papas and the progeny.
5 comments:
Girl...your away from Iowa and lovin it attitude it catching!!! Good for you...and don't you love hosting?! I want to get a guest bed someday. Miss you!!!!!!
She looks awfully hot for thirty! It was fun to see that she was excited to show the city to Anna and have some adult time for her birthday. It wasn't the only thing I got her, but the rest was unmentionable. Yeah, I said it.
Kurt, you're awesome.
Oh man, so you think I won't get many visitors here in Kansas! ;) Actually, we've had a couple because Hwy 81 goes through. But it's not a destination.
Post a Comment