May 6, 2009

Grandma

Today my grandma turns 85.

Give it up for Melba.

The woman, who here this weekend:
  • manicured my completely undeserving backyard.
  • Windexed (which required a purchase from Lowes) nearly every glass surface in my house.
  • brushed the dirt off of the window screens.
  • cleaned (and encouraged me to maintain) my gas stove top.
  • generally increased the cleanliness of upkeep of the Lewis household.
The woman, who if it's televised, is watching a Cardinals baseball game.

The woman I credit for my love for music and dancing.

The woman who raised my mama and her little bro after becoming a widow at the age of 32.

The woman married to June - my mama, my and Olaiya's middle namesake.

The woman I'll always think of when I read "she considers a field and buys it".

The woman who lives for spending time with her kids, her kids' kids, and her kids' kids' kids.


Give it up for Melba.






5 comments:

David and Karen Danielson said...

Amazing woman! Oh to be like that not just at 85 but all through life! You come from strong stock, girl!

Karen

Vicki said...

What a wonderful Grandma! Reading your list made me miss mine! Glad you were able to spend some quality time...

ModFarmhouse said...

Yay for Melba... a true rockstar of the eternal sort! I'm so so glad she came out to visit you again. You're beyond blessed!

And, I agree with Karen -- you DO come from strong stock! Yay for SE Iowa and MO!

Unknown said...

What a lovely tribute to Grandma! Aren't grandmas amazing? We're so blessed. Love you girl!!!!

ljk said...

Love this post!! What an amazing grandma you have :)