May 29, 2009

Preschool and beyond

Yesterday Olaiya graduated from preschool.

And we had a lovely time!

Since Papi had to head into work beforehand (and thus would be suited up) and her teacher mentioned the kids could dress up a little, we went all out. The girlies got quick mama-pedicures before Olaiya went to school and we all donned pink and open-toed shoes for the occasion.

Olaiya and all of her classmates were on stage and performed a dozen songs for their adoring friends and family, and then received their diplomas. Of course, I'm biased, but Olaiya was looking supremely cutie amongst her peers.

We were thankful that we all got to be present - it was an appropiately commemorative event as we exit preschool and head to the big K.

O with her Busy Bee (name for the 4s class) diploma, copy of class "cookbook", flowers and photo (which of course happened to be during her Packer jersey streak).

Olaiya and one of her classmates basking in the diploma glow.

Maybe it's because I was having a bad face day, but this shot in the candid is my favorite family photo of the day.

All 24 kiddos on stage (with their self portraits decorating the wall behind them).

Olaiya and carpool buddy Henry about to partake in post-ceremony cupcake.

Olaiya's entry in the class cookbook. Again, I'm biased, but check out that full-of-perspective drawing! (To translate, it's mama "at the stove and me waiting and there's two minutes left on the timer." So maybe we need to work on writing her numbers, but dude, the scene is like 3D!)



4 comments:

Kurt said...

I love that they shook hands with the kids at "graduation", I can't get over that. She did really well with the singing, I was proud. I always used to think that celebrating things like pre-school "graduation" was silly. I still don't think we need to celebrate the "accomplishment", but I did love that they gathered together the parents and went through a bunch of songs they learned during the class. Just like we have birthday parties for infants that are really about the parents, I think we have "graduations" for the parents too.

Gramma said...

I've got gramma tears.... but they're the good kind that come with smiles. I am SO glad we visited her school last fall; makes it easier to picture the event. I continue to love that long hair! And Tara, next time you're here, will you make us some of that mac with the "one pound of cheese"? How fantastic is that :)

Kurt said...

"2 pounds of milk"? I didn't see the recipe before my first comment, Tara must have updated the entry. We like our mac and cheese a little soupy here in the Lewis household, I guess.

Nina said...

I don't think I could draw 3D like that even now!