And we're back. With Internet. Here in our house!
Sorry for the lack of warning (because I know it's kept you up at night) - we were web-less for a whole week! I know, truly roughing it. But hey, no more moving! Until a couple days ago we could not see out our living room windows due to the floor-to-ceiling mountain of boxes, but now the light shines in on just a large pile and a couple rooms actually feel settled in. I bought cereal and canned goods and they all went into cabinets and will stay there! I can actually build a pantry! Okay, exciting for the homemaker, maybe no one else.
Since our arrival a week and a half ago, it's been a steady parade of service workers in and out of the Lewis home. Duct cleaners, roofers, plumbers, cable guys, furnace folks, project managers, etc. So we're not lonely :) Today our deck gets knocked down (which we were going to do anyway) in order to shore up the foundation/supports of the sun room addition, which was done by an "amateur" as our inspector says. Saturday our roof gets re-surfaced. Can you tell we have mandated money to spend?
The girls are doing well. Sunday the girls and I Metro-ed to church (Kurt went early to learn to do sound - in a movie theater it's pretty slick!) Upon arrival in Ballston (location of our original DC digs) Olaiya was pleasantly surprised to see that we still got to go to the same church. The girls wore their matching Brett Favre jerseys - it was a great way to meet people :) Olaiya's Sunday School teacher was loving it - she's a Packer fan! And it was a great weekend to be one - 4-0! Woowoo! Kurt wore the unearthed cheese head last weekend for the game - when the camera pans the crowd, Olaiya now points and says, "Look Dad! Cheese heads!" We're so proud.
Pics coming soon!
9 years ago
4 comments:
Yay for permanent housing!! Moving = not fun. I'm glad you guys are getting settled into your new place. Hopefully all the work will be worth the time/money/hassle.
Rumor: you guys are going to be in Rochester for Thanksgiving.
My response if this rumor is confirmed: crazy celebrations that may include, but are not limited to cartwheels, loud vocal noises, bad white-man dancing, lip-syncing to Snoop Dogg's "Drop It Like It's Hot," and overall merriment.
yahoo! yippee! yowee! yesssss!
so glad that you are back on-line to share via "da blog." how 90's is "da"?
we love you. we expect photos of the girls and house stuff. of you and the cheese head, too.
Yea for 4-0!! Matching Favre Jerseys has got to be darned cute. I was just thinking that GB is playing Washington in a couple weeks, but I see now that it's a home game. Oh Well. At least there's a chance they come there in the future with the Redskins and Ravens in the area. We're travelling up to Dallas in a couple months to see that game. I hope they continue the roll that they're on. Let's hope they find a running game by then.
I was just thinking of you guys, and logged on to see what's up.. SO excited for your new home!! And for your new 'hood... Alexandria is great, and I'm SO happy for you. I can't wait to come down and see you again. Also, tell the "head injury" girls that auntie Jen had a little run-in with a falling fluorescent light fixture and six stitches... little carpet burn is nothing to worry about. :) love to you all, jen
Post a Comment