
Last weekend the girls and I accompanied our friend Anita to the salon to get threaded.
Threaded? Yes, to have her eyebrows threaded. I'm not sure of its origin, but this girl knows what she's doing. She takes a seemingly regular spool of thread, twists it, and zips it along your face, pulling every little hair along the way. I stood right there, watching closely as Anita was under the thread and thought,
this is like weed-whacking your face! There's no way she can do this accurately. Then the girl asked if I wanted to have it done.
Umm, can I see if Anita's eyebrows still exist first? What do you know, Anita stood up with perfectly shaped brows and offered to treat me to the same! I'm a believer. Here's a one done, one not pic - can you tell the difference?
3 comments:
Oh you east coast girls - that'll take 5 years to reach us here in Iowa! How brave of you.
So much for electrolysis! Did it hurt??? You know, Linda and I have promised we'll pluck each other's chin hairs when we get old and senile, but I think this might be a more dignified answer!
Karen
Wow, Tara! You're going to have to make an appointment for me when I come to visit. Looks outstanding!
Post a Comment